Monday 30 May 2011

My Weekly Addiction


Golden Girls

Golden Girls finished long before I came to discover it. In fact I think it ended before I was even born. But that didn’t stop it from becoming one of my favourite shows of all time. There are so many things I love about this show, one of the key ones been how refreshing it is to see a whole main cast made up entirely of female characters. Not only that but women over the age of 50. It redefined the genre of comedy for me. Each character has their own unique quality that make for laugh out loud comedy. Rose with her general ditziness and St Olaf stories, Blanche with her somewhat sordid romantic life, Dorothy and her sharp sarcastic wit and of course Sophia whose motherly influence over the other girls provides endless comic situations. Another great aspect of this show is that it has so much more depth than appears at first glance. Its ability to handle several tough issues and emotional storyline, combines seamlessly with the comedy. The entire show is a winning combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment