Monday 15 November 2010

My Weekly Addiction


Will & Grace

It was inevitable that Will & Grace would eventually find its way onto my addiction list. after all it's one of my favourite shows. I imagine I'm not the only one who loves it, I mean who can resist the fabulous foursome of quirky and loveable characters. Its one of those rare shows that doesn't rely on extreme drama to capture its audience. That's not to say it doesn't have its fair share of drama but what's really appealing about the show is the everyday lives of these people we came to adore. When it first aired it was a breakthrough for the GLBT community. It paved the way for future shows to revolve around gay main characters. Something we will forever be grateful for. Of course we also love the upfront humour of the show. With such different characters, there was a never ending supply of funny situations and comical, sarcastic conversations that made us smile week after week. One of the most important aspects of the show was without a doubt the friendship that these four people shared. Its the kind of friendship we all crave and if we're really lucky can relate to in our own lives. I like to think I'm one of those lucky people. It may be gone but this wonderful show is simply unforgettable.

1 comment:

  1. Well I have to agree!! I feel this show is one of the very best I have watched!
    Not only was it a breakthrough like you say, but it showed that not all people are like the stereotypical image that the world has come to believe the GLBT community are.
    Absolutely wonderful addiction, and nicely done Marlene!! =D xx

    ReplyDelete