Monday 20 September 2010

My Weekly Addiction


Gilmore Girls

I'm not ashamed to say that Gilmore Girls is still one of my guilty pleasures. There's something about that small town and the quirky mother/daughter relationship that keeps me hooked. I'm sure there's not a woman or girl alive who does not crave the connection that Lorelai and Rory have. Their timeless banter and insane obsession with all things that resemble food and coffee, especially coffee, create the foundations for what is a great show. It's virtually unique in the fact that it relies on emotions and relationships rather that explosions, violence and generally dramatic events. I must also confess I adore the town in which they live, sleepy stars hollow creates this atmosphere that you can't help but crave from your own humble abode. The intimacy between residents and the way they always look out for one another, is something rarely seen. Of course I can't forget the wonder that is Luke's diner and it's endless supply of delicious looking food. Just watching makes me hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment