Saturday 18 September 2010

Religion


Saint Or Sinner?

With the pope's visit in full swing I felt it was appropriate that my rant for the week revolved around that ever controversial topic of religion. I personally am not a fan. It's not the belief or faith I object to, it's the concept of religion itself, in particular it tendency to discriminate and promote hate. I believe that everyone is entitled to believe in what they believe and worship whoever they choose, however it is the notion that everyone must live by a set moral code that is not only outdated but at times outright ridiculous.


Don't just take my word for it. The fake President of the United States of America agrees.

But back to the Pope, on the one hand I think its an amazing thing that one person can mean so much to so many people. The problem I have with this is that I have always believed that a person must do something to gain that level of respect. When you think about it he's not really that different to the Paris Hilton's of this world.

1 comment: