Monday 17 January 2011

My Weekly Addiction


NCIS

One of the things I love about my new job is that I'm surrounded by people who are a lot like me in the sense that they are all almost as addicted to dvds as I am. As a result, a whole new world of show has been opened up to me. The latest of which is the one and only NCIS. I'd heard about it, but never actually got around to watching it. Boy was that a mistake. I know I say this a lot but I quickly got hooked. I like almost every aspect of the show, even the parts that annoy me because it shows what good writing and acting are involved. For example the character of DiNozzo really irritates me with his chauvinistic male ego crap, and yet he can make me laugh at the same time. It kind of amazing. The whole team have this utterly bizzare relationship, the way they bicker and fight and yet you can see the genuine care they have for one another. Its fascinating to watch the individual relationships each of the team have with Gibbs. Ducky the age old friendship, Abby the bantering kin-like, DiNozzo the kiss ass, McGee the faithful employee and Kate, well I can quite think of a phrase to describe her and Gibbs's relationship. Overall each and everyone one of them respects him deeply. Its a captivating and fast-paced detective show that makes you sit up a pay attention in the best possible way.

No comments:

Post a Comment