Saturday 7 August 2010

Inspiration


Thelma & Louise

I have just this minute finished watching this amazing film. Now I'm the kinda girl who spends her entire life in front of a TV screen, sad as it may be it provides me with my escape from the real world. But needless to say when you spend as much time as I do watching films it take a lot for something to really capture my attention. Well to say Thelma & Louise succeeded would be an understatement of the highest magnitude. This breath taking piece of work literally left me with my heart beating against my chest so hard I thought it might burst clean through. I'm well aware that my take on this film is as different as the next persons but I know it will have struck a chord with numerous women all over the world. Perhaps it's the underlying concept of women once again being undone by men. Regardless of the reason this portrayal of these two damned women left me genuinely touched and of course inspired. I know it not proper behaviour to be inspired by a couple of outlaws but its not what they did that's important it's why and how they did it. To overcome everything they did and stay strong and together through it all. I've got to admit I'm not a fan of men, I'm not a man-hater, I just see them for what they are... flawed. I'm well aware that there are exceptions, in this case Detective Hal. He was without a doubt the only redeeming feature for the male race. But lets talk about the women, Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis where outstanding as the two strong and determine women who stole our hearts. They played the parts with such emotion and grace creating two people who you can't help but give you undivided loyalty to. Now some people feel let down by the ending, I am not one of those people. I can't help but feel that this ending is perfect, it's iconic and it represents what these women are all about; it's fearless. They never give up and they're in it together until the end. It's the perfect ending to what was a truly dramatic journey. From this Thelma & Louise I drew my inspiration, it may seem odd but I feel that what this film has shown me is that women should be empowered. As an aspiring photographer my dedication to this film is that I will never photograph men. Women are my only subject from this day forward. Like I said it may seem odd and even irrational but I don't question my inspiration, I follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment