Friday 13 August 2010

Superstition


As the day draws to an end and we bid farewell to yet another Friday the 13th I've decided to reflect on life and superstition. Now I'm not a great believer in superstition, in fact I'd even go so far to say that I have a tendency to rebel against it. If there's a ladder I'm damn well gonna walk under it. Do I think that this is to blame for all the bad stuff that happens in my life, hell no! Don't get me wrong I believe in fate and karma but most superstition just doesn't fly with me, I certainly don't think that just because its Friday the 13th bad things are going to happen. However I do make a couple of slight exceptions when it comes to the unexplainable, I do believe in the power of the magpies and that deaths come in 3's but that just in my experience. So from now on I encourage you to be brave and not freak out when you break a mirror or spill the salt. One thing I've learnt from life is that shit happens regardless of what direction the black cat walks. So deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment