Monday 30 August 2010

My Weekly Addiction

CSI: New York

I consider myself a dedicated CSI fan, although I did not discover it until several year after it began, I soon caught up. I began with the Original, progressed to Miami and finally made my way over to New York. It took me a while to get into the third of the trilogy, at first I found it too gloomy and everything seemed to be various shades of grey, certainly a stark contrast with the bold and bright scenes of Miami. But the more I watched it the more I became hooked, I quickly came to like the characters and its somewhat darker more sadistic themes. I also came to notice the sudden advancement in their technology, every scene seems to include a new high-tech gadget, I must admit I'm a sucker for a shiny new toy. Overall the show has a somewhat morbid quality to it with the odd ray of hope and humour, usually supplied by Danny, but it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment