Friday 13 August 2010

My Weekly Addiction


Sons Of Anarchy

When I first became addicted to dvds I'd greet each parcel that graced my doorstep with intense excitement. But after a while the joy subsided, and as with any addiction it became more of a need. However there is an exception. Sons of Anarchy is without a doubt my favourite show. I didn't discover it until recently but I waited patiently for three whole month for the release of season 2 on dvd and today's the day. You have no idea how excited I was, I'm that sad. I'm not sure what it is about this show that gets me so hooked, perhaps its the ability it has to combine such a dark side with such deep connections and of course the Harleys help, my love of dvds only comes second to my love of bikes. I'm not a violent person by nature but I must admit I do love the violence in this show especially the combination of Gemma and a skateboard. What's most impressive about the show is that it had the potential to go so wrong, it could have ended up so superficial and just another show full of blood and swearing. Yet it managed to go so much deeper. It shows so much raw emotion and deals with many situation that create opportunities to show the true bond of the people in the club and those connected to it. At the end of the day, its a show about family, a huge and dysfunction one but a family none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment