Monday 9 August 2010

My Weekly Addiction

The L Word


Now I know its a cliche but I adore this programme. Ilene Chaiken managed to create a group of characters who you can't help but fall in love with, while the direction of the show may have become somewhat obscure, the characters remain strong throughout. The show itself is without a doubt unique and strange at times but that's what kept me hooked, its ability to surprise you. I must admit though that for me the finale was the biggest let down, not only because it meant the end of a revolutionary show but also because it just didn't feel like anything was finished off. It left us with more unanswered questions than we had to start with. Even though I wasn't that upset about the demise of Jenny, I would of like to have know who did the deed, overall the whole thing felt a bit anti-climatic. The only truly redeeming factor about the finale was the reappearances of the people from the past, even if it was only a brief goodbye on a tv screen. However the bad ending can't take away from what was 6 fabulous years of, as Alice would say, "dyke drama". What would we have done without Bette and Tina's on again off again relationship, Shane's numerous conquests, Jenny's extremely neurotic tendencies, Helena's lost fortune or even Alice's addiction to gossip. We've been with them through the love, the hate and the vast amount of sex and they will always have a special place in our hearts.


P.S. I know I'm in a minority here but I loved the B.E.T.T.Y theme tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment