Monday 23 August 2010

My Weekly Addiction


Private Practice

Now I know I'm not the only one who was sceptical about the idea of a Greys Anatomy spin-off, After all how could it work without the addictive bunch of interns and surgeons we all came to love. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved Addison from the moment she joined the gang, but it was difficult to see how she alone could carry off the show. Yet she did, and she surpassed my expectations. Private Practice managed to become something entirely different, rather than being an imitation of it mother show it went in a different direction. Sure it still resolves around a medical practice and a group of close friends, but the core concept of the show is entirely different. Rather than being fast paced and filled with high octane and explosive drama, it focuses on more personal and emotional drama. Instead of gunshot and bombs, we've got family' and friends who struggle with certain aspects of their live. While I love the action of Greys I equally adore Private Practice and its more subtle approach. Of course it helps to have Addison as a central character not to mention a great new cast. If only we could get a few guest appearances from Callie, it would be perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment