Monday 11 October 2010

My Weekly Addiction


The 5 Mrs. Buchanans

I recently discovered this gem of a show on YouTube. Me being the person I am proceeded to watch every episode. It didn't take long for me to get hooked, after all any program that can make me laugh out loud instantly gets my respect. But alas like many great shows its life was destined to be short-lived. After a mere 17 episodes CBS bizarrely saw fit to cancel it, God only knows why. This was one of those rare shows that just works, its difficult to explain what makes it so, perhaps its the unique combination of quirky characters or the simplicity of the story lines, of course the fact that the entire lead cast is female helps. I know its a cliché but its good clean fun and I often think that's the best kind of humour. It such a shame that it never got the chance to continue but at least we have the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment